How Do I?
Search the Catalog Click here
- Search by clicking on an option tab (e.g., “author,” “title,” “keyword”) and entering your search; then click the SUBMIT button.
- You will see a list of the items available.
- If the item status is “CHECK SHELVES”, you may be able to check the item out immediately.
- If the item is not available at Hudson Public Library, use the drop-down menu to the left of the SEARCH button to expand your search to “All Central MA Libraries” which is at the bottom of the list.
- To place a request online, click the REQUEST button at the top of the page or next to the item.
- Enter your library card number and your personal Identification Number (PIN).
If you do not have a PIN, follow the instructions to create one.
If you have forgotten your PIN, contact a staff member.
- Select the library where you wish to pick up the material (from the drop down menu).
- Click the SUBMIT button. A list of the results will be on the page.
Other buttons you may use:
- Create a List button- Click on the Save to my List button. Once that button had been clicked, the button will change to Clear from My List.
- View My List button – The two options are:
1. View and Export your saved records – you have a choice of Format of List (Full Display, Brief Display or MARC and Send List to (sent to an e-mail address).
2. View and Request your saved records- You will log into your account for this option.
- MARC Display – the name for the Library of Congress record, has information
- Return to Results – will bring you back to the results page
- Modify Search – will bring you to the Advanced Keyword Search with your keyword. You can use this function to only look for a particular format (e.g., “dvd,” vhs”).
- More Like This – will bring you to a results list based on the item you were looking at.
- Another Search- bring you to a blank Advanced Keyword Search.
Get a Library Card
- To get a library card please bring a form of identification with your current address to the library. You will be asked to fill out a short form when you arrive. Children age 5 through Grade 7 will receive their cards in the Children’s Room.
Learn Why I Can’t Request
- Your library card may be expired. (See a librarian to renew)
- You have a billed item on your account.
- You have fines over $10 on your account.
Search the Digital Catalog: Digital Audio Books, eBooks, and videos
- Browse and search hundreds of great titles and download them to computers, transfer them to portable devices, or burn them onto CDs for reading and listening anywhere, anytime.
- Go to The Digital Library at http://digitalbooks.cwmars.org
- Go to the drop down menu for Catalog and click on Search the Digital Books Catalog.
- This will bring you to the CWMARS Digital Catalog.
- Go to the drop down menu under My Account.
- Select Log In.
- Enter your library card number.
- Go to the drop down menu for Browse by Format and select eBooks.
- It will show you a list of eBooks that are available. You can place eBooks in your Cart.
- You may check out a maximum of 5 titles at one time. Once you have made your selections, you can proceed to the checkout.
- Adobe Reader users please take note. If you are not currently at the computer where you wish to read the Adobe eBook, please wait to start the download. You may only download an Adobe eBook one time. Before you download, go to the computer on which you want to read, make sure that Adobe Reader is already installed, go to ‘My Account’ and click on ‘My Bookshelf’ to access the download link.
Check out our Freegal Music page for a list of simple basics on using this service.
How do I log in?
Access Freegal Music by clicking on the Freegal logo shown below. Your library account must be in good standing.
All you need to access Freegal Music is your Hudson Public Library Card Number (all digits without a space) and your EVERGREEN Account Password.
Before you can use Freegal, please update your password in your Evergreen catalog account.
Note: If you have been logged out of Freegal and are having trouble getting back into the site just come back here to log in again from our direct link by clicking on the logo above.
How do I download a song?
Music tracks are downloaded as MP3 files and can be permanently saved on your computer or portable devices. It is recommended to first download a song to your computer by clicking “Download Now” next to selected song and saving it to a location of your choice. There is no need to install any software on your computer.
NOTE: The key is to be sure you select a place you will remember to check when asked where you want to save the file. This way you can easily find and use it later.
How do I get the song into my iTunes library?
With iTunes open, find the file you just downloaded and drag it into iTunes. From there you can put it into your favorite playlists.
Can a song be played on portable devices?
Yes. After downloading a song, and making sure you’ve added it to your library, sync the portable device with your computer as you would normally and a copy of the song will now appear in your portable device.
I’ve downloaded a song, but can’t find it on my computer
The downloaded songs may be automatically stored in different places, depending on the operating system you are using, the type of browser you are using, and the way your computer is configured to handle mp3 files.
Here are some techniques that may help you locate the mp3 files you have downloaded to your computer:
- There may be a folder on your computer called “Downloads” that contains the mp3 files you downloaded from Freegal.
- There may be a folder on your computer called “Temporary Internet Files” that contains the mp3 files you downloaded from Freegal.
- If you use the Firefox browser, check the settings in the Tools -> Options menu. The “General” tab shows the location that is used for saving downloaded files.
- If your computer is set up to automatically open mp3 files in iTunes, let iTunes manage the file location for you. In order to keep the songs in iTunes after the initial download from Freegal, click the “Advanced” tab on the iTunes Edit -> Preferences menu, and check the box that says “Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library”.
- Use your computer’s Search capability to locate your files. For Mac computers, this is the “Spotlight” tool. On Windows PCs, look for the “Search programs and files” box when you click on the Windows Start button. A good way to search for your Freegal mp3 file is by typing in the artist’s last name, or a distinctive word from the song title.
- Note that when downloading a Freegal song on an iPad or iPhone, there is no easy way to save the mp3 file on your device. The recommended method is to download from Freegal to a computer and then transfer the mp3 file from the computer to your portable device.