The Hudson Public Library provides free meeting space for nonprofit organizations or groups that are of a civic, cultural, intellectual or educational nature. The room is designed to accommodate small groups of twelve or fewer seated around a table. The room was originally intended to be used as a classroom for ESOL and GED training and these classes always have precedence over other reservations. Please read and comply with the following regulations regarding the use of the Tavares Room. Final authority in regard to this policy will be the Trustees of the Hudson Public Library.
Regulations and Procedures
- Fees: All meetings must be free and open to the public except those sponsored by the Library or the Friends of the Library. Admission may not be charged with the exception of tutoring fees. Sale of any items is prohibited unless the Library is a benefactor of the proceeds or permission is obtained in advance.
- Noise: Please be aware that the room is located adjacent to the quiet study room. Please keep the door to the room closed if necessary and keep the noise level down. Library staff reserves the right to monitor ongoing meetings.
- Smoking: Smoking is not permitted in the Library.
- Alcohol: No alcoholic beverages may be served or consumed in the Library.
- Telephone: Use of the Library telephone is at the discretion of Library personnel. Limited use will be permitted if a serious or unexpected situation arises that demands immediate attention.
- Reservations: Rooms are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. Reservations may be made up to three months in advance. Requests to meet periodically will be honored depending on the actual or anticipated demand placed on the facilities by other groups and the Library’s own scheduled events (which have priority). If a meeting is canceled for any reason (including weather), the group or organization is responsible for rescheduling the meeting and notifying participants. The representative who reserves the room will be responsible for the knowledge and execution of all regulations and policies of the library.
- Security: The Hudson Library is not responsible for the care or security of any items left on library premises and will not be responsible for any costs in the event of theft, breakage or other kinds of damage to items on Library premises.
The Tavares Meeting Room may be used any time during Library hours.
Monday to Thursday: 9:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
All meetings must adjourn fifteen minutes in advance of library closing.